Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

system update app error

I did the recommended system update last night and now my phone is completely unusable!  I am gettin the error message "App error 602" and the option to restart every time I restart I get the same message.  Please help cannot use phone!!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: system update app error

Hi Iwheeler

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

I think your update was not sucessfull ,please try this Knowledge Base regarding this error ,Go through the  resolution provided or simply try the workaround to resolve your issue :

KB29237 : " App Error 602 " appears on the BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7.

Try it and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Hi

I can't do anything at all on the phone.  My only option is to keep restarting.  I can't get back to main screen or anything so I'm not sure how to try what you are suggesting?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Remove the battery. While holding down the back/escape key (right of trackpad) reinsert the battery. continue to hold the back key for another 20 seconds or so, then release it. This boots the device in safe mode. See if will boot in safe mode. If it boots, then it is a 3rd party app causing the error and you'll have to delete apps until you find it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi Iwheeler

O.K I understand, Do you have your previous Backup of your device ? Try to boot your device on Safe Mode .If your device starts on Safe mode connect it to Desktop Softwaredo your backup and perform a Clean Reload  of your device OS :

KB17877 : How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode.

If you are unable to Boot on safe mode then you had to use Application loader to load the OS back into the device and in this process you will lose all data within your device,So I hope you have your device Backup :

KB10144 : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application

Loader

So try it and let us know.

Prince