Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

text help

Im new to the curve and my friend has the tour and i was wondering is there a way to make a whole seperate sms inbox so that no emails appear in the inbox?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: text help

There IS a separate folder for your SMS messages,

and a separate folder for your E-Mails ( one for each E-Mail address ),

and there is also a "general" Messages inbox that you might be getting confused with !

Hit the BB Menu button and you will see all the icons for the different folders -

Look for the one with a pic of a mobile phone on it and a little envelope - that's your SMS folder.

The plain envelope icon is the general "Messages" folder.

An envelope with a small "world" on it, is an E-Mail folder.

If you get an incoming message it will appear in the appropriate folder ( SMS or E-Mail )

AND in the general Messages folder.

This allows you to arrange your Home screen the way you want it - e.g if you had set up 2 separate E-Mail addresses,

you could display the two E-Mail folders, and your SMS folder on the Home screen,

so you could quickly see what type of message you have received when you get the icoming alert tone.

Or, If you wanted less clutter on the home screen, or different icons on there,

then you could just display the general Messages folder,

allowing you quick access to any type of incoming message.

To set which folders are displayed on the home screen - hit the BB menu button to bring up all those icons,

highlight the folder / icon you want to display on the Home screen and then hit the BB Menu button again.

Select "Move" and then drag the folder / icon with the tracball to the top line,

Click the Trackball and you're done Smiley Happy

Sig
If you found my answer ( or anyone else's ) to be helpful, don't forget to click the Kudos button !

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: UK Voda

Re: text help

Hi, I set my Left 'conveniance' key to open my SMS folder. If you dont know how to do that let me know, if thats of any use to you.

Also, even if you are in the right SMS folder and you are still seeing emails here is how to 'hide' the emails.

1. Open your SMS folder

2. Press BB key and scroll to OPTIONS

3. Choose General Options and scroll down to SMS and EMAIL Inboxes

4. Click on the highlighted option under that and choose either 'Theme Controlled' or 'Separate' one of them should give you the desired outcome, works for me!

Hope that helps, I did what coconut said when I first got my BB and customised the icons on the homescreen to the ones I use the most. I dont use the camera that often so I changed the 'conveniance' keys on both sides. One opens my SMS and the other my Emails. Loads of other functions you can assign to those keys if you find the 6 home icons not enough Smiley Happy

Coconut may have given you all you needed to know but hey jsut thought I would post too!!

Welcome to the Forum Smiley Wink