Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: torch
My Carrier: att
Accepted Solution

text messages disappearing

help.  i've had this Torch since Nov. 5th.  dont know what is wrong. i have a couple people that i keep the text messages going on. today i had to go find an address in a text and it is gone.  several messages gone and not just for her, for others. whats happened? how can i get them back? is there a limit on how many test messages you can have?

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: text messages disappearing

Hi there,

Is it possible that the messages are older than your time that you have specified to keep messages?  Go to your SMS or main Messages folder, press the BB Menu button and select Options > General Options.  Scroll to the bottom.  Where it asks how many days to keep the messages, what is it set to?  You can change this as you see fit.  The only thing you need to be aware of is that changes to this will affect all messages, including emails, etc.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

thanks I will try that now.

hi Krypto

hhhmmm. Maybe I'm too blonde. I went to text messages icon.  then clicked BB key.  went to options. 1st section is general. next section is sms. next section is mms.  i dont see anywhere that it asks how many days. am i looking in the wrong section?

Elite I

[ Edited ]

Did you find it now? I see you marked the thread as solved. Its in the General section (your options may be slightly different than mine as you're on OS 6, bit they should still be similar enough). Smiley Happy

If it's not there, try changing it under the main messages folder.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

aaha! yureka! if you click the message icon (not text). then BB button.  then options. then message display and actions. it is at the bottom.

woo hoo. thanks!

Elite I

Yay!  Hopefully that helps now!