Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: o2

thanks blackberry for breaking my laptop

so i installed the blackberry software,all correct,clean uninstalled and  reinstallation because it just just not read my phone "verify blackberry device is connected" it was.After spending a day or 3 going through the net and these forums for advice...(FOLLOWING ADVICE power mangement unticking boxes etc etc etc UNTIL PEOPLE HAD NO MORE ADVICE LEFT) i discovered after taking my laptop to a tech guy THAT OFFICIAL BLACKBERRY SOFTWARE HAD BUST ALL MY USB PORTS,NONE WORK ANYMORE!!!! he's going to do a full factory reset on my laptop now to get them back in working order because nothing else seems to work.THANKS ALOT BLACKBERRY NOT ONLY IS THERE ALOT HAVING PROBLEMS WITH IT AS STATED IN THE FORUMS BUT YOU BUST MY LAPTOP.IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS DIFFICULT TO SET UP AND UTILISE MORE THINGS ON THE PHONE THAT COSTS A FORTUNE TO PURCHASE TO BEGIN WITH.

WHAT HAPPENED TO TECHNOLOGY BEING USER FRIENDLY?? OR HAVE YOU GOT TO TO BE BILL GATES AND HAVE HOURS OF TIME AND STRESSING FREE WHILE ASKING STRANGERS FOR ADVICE TO FIX PROBLEMS WITH YOUR YES YOUR SOFTWARE.YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH IT CLEARLY.

Contributor

Re: thanks blackberry for breaking my laptop

I WISH I NEVER BOTHERED PURCHASING ONE.THANKS FOR TRASHING MY LAPTOP,I SHOULD BE CHARGING YOU FOR THE REPAIRS.

Contributor

JUST TO ADD,I NEVER EVER EVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH ANY OF MY USB PORTS BEFORE.THEY WORKED JUST FINE THE DAY BEFORE I INSTALLED YOUR PROBLEM WROUGHT SOFTWARE.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

USB ports stop working on PC's/laptops all the time; you are neither the first nor last.  It can be static electricity, removing/disconnecting devices without using the Safely Remove Hardware applet, bad USB cables, device drivers, BIOS resets, etc., from cameras, phones, thumbdrives, external HDD's, mice, hubs, etc.

If your repair shop is going to do a "factory reset", and if it works, that indicates to me that it's NOT a hardware problem.

Do any USB devices work on your laptop?

Contributor

they worked fine all of them,i uploaded pics from my camera the day before.I thought my blackberry device isn't showing up because like everyone else who mentions the same it maybe a glinch.followed everyones advice to no avail.The tech guy who knows obviously what he's talking about told me himself its blackberry.my laptop is only 12 months old and he's a proffessional,and he's LOOKED at it.Not a single USB PORT worked directly after i downloaded the stuff from blackberry.Yet 24 hours prior it all worked perfect.

Contributor

its one big coincidence is my USB ports all stop working directly after i put the blackberry download on and its not connected to it.i did a system restore everything i could think of.

Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: 3

I would go along with that too, the blackberry wont cant just break a usb port there is more to this, probably operator but we never want to know it's our own fault do we lol

Contributor

how's it my fault? all my ports stopped working directly after,repeat DIRECTLY AFTER i installed blackberry.I've tried all the solutions and the tech said its a problem with the blackberry installation that has stopped them working,whether its direct or because of blackberry IT WORKED FINE BEFORE IT.I dont need to blame myself nor do i need to lie,and point fingers because "i never want to blame myself do i"

Contributor

i just wish i never tried installing it,judging by the amount of people in these forums having simliar problems with blackberry/usb ports/crashing/unable to verify devices etc etc i think that speaks volumes for itself and blackberrys reliability.Mind you maybe they are all like me and just dont want to "admit its their own faults do they"

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Wow...what an incredible thread of discussion and kind discourse, here in our volunteer supported user-to-user community support forums (note, these forums are NOT a user-to/from-RIM communication channel). Incredible.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................