Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: telkomsel
Accepted Solution

that moment when white means death

Hi guys... need help due to my Torch

9860 -- form oldest to newest events

1. auto rebooting, sometimes stuck

2. in pc, when connected to its usb, also auto reboot, so no chance for BDM to do some backup ==> i intend to do downgrade/upgrade os

3. pc still detect

4. broken charging/data port, replaced, n ok

5. built-in media card always wanted a repair, and keep auto reboot shirtly not long after repair button pressed

6. stuck when use bbsak to wipe, force eject

7. white screan appears after force eject. the wihite screen occurs every booting bar 3/4 way.

8. until now, white screen all i have

i"ve tried :

1. try to enter safe mode, unsuccessfull because whitescreen before finishing booting

2. bbsak dan bdm wont detect bb.

3 try :

How to to recover a BlackBerry® smartphone after all other possible means of recovery have been exhausted.

1. Remove the battery from the BlackBerry smartphone.
  2. Open a web browser and navigage to the following link.  
  3. Click Check for Updates.
  4. Wait for the Device Connection dialog box to appear with no result for pin.
  5. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer with the battery removed.
  6. Press Ok when the PIN field is populated with the BlackBerry smartphones PIN number or PIN-Unknown is displayed.

Note: Some BlackBerry smartphones may be in a reset loop, which will cause the field to populate and depopulate. This is not an issue; pressing OK when the PIN field is populated will allow the process to move forward.

7. Select the appropriate version of BlackBerry Device Software and applications for the BlackBerry smartphone, click Next.
  8. At the Review the following options before you begin dialog, insert the battery without unplugging the USB cable.
  9. Press Install update.
    ---> not working

9800--
    form oldest to newest events
    1. auto reboot.. first i thought because of too many background-running app
    2. deleting apps, stil sudden auto-reboot, must pull batt
    3. sometime trackpad not working
    4. done upgrading n downngrading with stock n hybrid os
    5. once, repair built-in media asked. Repair mode done flawlessly
    6. battery charging is very fast, but is also drain too fast.

Any solution? Thx

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: that moment when white means death

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From your post, I'm a little bit lost...is your issue with a 9800 or a 9860? Or both perhaps? It's not quite clear to me...

It sounds like you tried the remedy in this KB:

• KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

But, you stated that the result was "not working"...sadly, there's just too little in that report to provide you anything useful. Perhaps if you tell us exactly what did happen, we might be able to spot something you can try.

Otherwise, here are two even more drastic remedy attempts:

You also should probably be doing all of these things with "total control" rather than any of the "automatic" methods (e.g., the Web Update site)...to take control, do these steps (on a PC -- you cannot do this on MAC):

1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

4) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Now try the various remedy attempts, but rather than the Web Update site, use the Desktop Software.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

sorry, i dunno how to quote yourprevious reply

so, here it is

From your post, I'm a little bit lost...is your issue with a 9800 or a 9860? Or both perhaps? It's not quite clear to me...

actually, for both

It sounds like you tried the remedy in this KB:

• KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

But, you stated that the result was "not working"...sadly, there's just too little in that report to provide you anything useful. Perhaps if you tell us exactly what did happen, we might be able to spot something you can try.

yup, sadly, no go with that methods

Otherwise, here are two even more drastic remedy attempts:

first attempt ... now

You also should probably be doing all of these things with "total control" rather than any of the "automatic" methods (e.g., the Web Update site)...to take control, do these steps (on a PC -- you cannot do this on MAC):

4) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Now try the various remedy attempts, but rather than the Web Update site, use the Desktop Software.

been there done that, still unsolved

Contributor

update 1 :

result : error while reconnecting to JVM

Contributor

update 2

KB27956 How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

result :

Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Restart the loading process, reconnect your device and try again.

Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation. ==> failing in reconnecting to JVM

Contributor

sdgardne wrote:

fail

Contributor

last update

sdgardne wrote:

fail.... always stuck and error when reconneccting with JVM

white screen always appears when the booting sequence in its half full cycle

something worng wiht the JVM? how to fix it?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

yuadmor wrote:

update 1 :

result : error while reconnecting to JVM

At what stage/step from the process, my friend? Please help me to clearly understand your situation, for I cannot see what you are doing and have only your words to guide me...

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Hall of Famer III

yuadmor wrote:

update 2

KB27956 How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

result :

Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Restart the loading process, reconnect your device and try again.

Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation. ==> failing in reconnecting to JVM

Again, there are several steps in that KB...I cannot tell which worked correctly, which failed, where this failed, etc...

Hall of Famer III

yuadmor wrote:

sdgardne wrote:

fail

"fail"...from merely that, I can tell you nothing. Did step 1 fail? Step 2? Something else? I have no way to help you from merely "fail"...