Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

the limitation of app size?

hi, 

i have some videos to release on App World, and i want to write some apps wrap them as one application for each. i've not found out what's the limitation of app size of all devices. anybody knows? or some better solution for my requirements. thanks. 

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: the limitation of app size?

Seeing as most BlackBerry devices are very limited in the size of the application memory, I'd suggest absolutely no more than 2MB or no one will download your app.  I've seen some very good and highly effective apps reach higher memory levels, but these are used for business enterprise functionality and are required for certain people.

If you're incorporating video, you're going to want to use a different format to bundle these apps.  A possible suggestion is to host the videos online (e.g. YouTube) and incorporate the web link to reach the video.  An alternative is to give a link to where the user can download the video to their storage card (eg. their microSD card).  I'd highly recommend against bundling video with apps as that'll take far too much space.

Keep an eye posted in the even that someone else has a different suggestion.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!