Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

this phone is so user unfriendly

can't check text messages by clicking on an icon

can't see any icon for voice mail

phone goes dark every 5 seconds

call log doesn't say what time call was made if i made it or if they made it to me

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: this phone is so user unfriendly

Sorry you are having these problems!!

I'm sure one of the "tech" members will help you out. I have the 8330 with NONE of the problems you mention. Mine is very user friendly. If you bought it from a store I'd be headed back for help or replacement.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

I will tell you the same thing I tell my wife's friends who hated their devices until they saw what they did.

"You are going to love it, once you understand it"

Now, is this an 8330?

Who is the carrier? Sprint, Verizon, etc.

What version OS are you using?

Go to Options (wrench icon) ---->About ----> will show Blackberry (model) then v4.????

I'll do my best - I think I can answer and fix every one of your problems and questions.

Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

WelcSmiley Happyme to the FSmiley Happyrums! 

I love my CURVE 8330!  You will learn alot on this forum!! 

can't check text messages by clicking on an icon

SMS/Emails come in to one icon or you can seperate them.  Depending on which way you choose and which theme you have chosen. I am not sure what the problems are you are havin but I know someone will be able to help you

can't see any icon for voice mail

I do not have an icon for voice mail, but I can press and hold the one key and it will dial my voice mail.  I haev verizon and when I have a voice mail, I have a message saing One voice mail.....

phone goes dark every 5 seconds

Go to your Options Icon > Screen / Keyboard > scroll down to backlight timeout and change to 45 sec or whatever you want to change to

call log doesn't say what time call was made if i made it or if they made it to me

my phone log has a blue phone with an arrow pointing up for a phone call that I made out.  A green phone with an arrow pointing down for one coming to me (that i answered) and a brown phone for the ones I missed.  The time is to the right of each call.

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy