Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

time issues?

Hi, 

It's really strange.  My blackberry has the right time, but my outgoing emails post a different time.. any suggestions?

Also, I'm completely new to this so please forgive the ignorance, but when I get emails, they register as "messages".  I thought SMS text msgs were "messages"??

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks! 

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: time issues?

Sorry I can't help you with the time thing but maybe I can help with the messages. The "message" is going to catch all messages. But if you click on the icon and hit the menu key, select options and the general options. Scroll down until you see "sms and email inboxes". Change that option to seperate. then click the back key to save. This will give you an icon for "sms and mms" as well as an icon for each email address. This however will not stop all emails from showing up in the "message" icon. For that you can either go to that icon and hit the menu key and select "hide". Or you can create a folder by clicking on the menu key and select add folder, you can then give it a name and move icons into it by highlighting them and clicking the menu key and selecting move then just move the icon over the folder and click the trackball. I hope all of this has helped if not please feel free to ask for more info.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Go to OPTIONS DATE AND TIME your options are network, Blackberry or off.

What are you set for?

The main message queue was designed to receive all messages. Like "one stop shop"

Let me know if you would like to serrate them.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Hey,

Thanks for the quick replies!  

I've tried the "separate" option for now in terms of splitting the SMS and emails.  I'm with Telus, so I have to pay for each text I receive as well.  

For the Date/Time, my time zone is Central America (-6) and the time/date are correct.  The date/time source is the network.. any suggestions?

Thank you so much.  I really appreciate the help. 

New Contributor

Oh, I should maybe mention that I live in Ontario, Canada...

Guru I

hi,

If you are BIS,  login to your carriers BIS site, and resend service books.

If you don't know the BIS site send me the carrier and I will send you the link.

Then try an email

Thanks

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

Sorry, I don't know what BIS stands for.  

I'm with Telus ...

Guru I

[ Edited ]

Hi,

BIS is Blackberry Internet Service usually used to setup a personal phone.

Login using the username and password you setup your email with, and select send service books.

Thanks,

Message Edited by Bifocals on 09-11-2008 08:54 PM

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

7alkl wrote:
Also, I'm completely new to this so please forgive the ignorance, but when I get emails, they register as "messages".  I thought SMS text msgs were "messages"??
Hello,

everything is messages !
  • SMS are text messages
  • MMS are SMS with attachments
  • PIN messages (usually inside Blackberry Messenger)
  • email messages
  • and technical messages : calls (eg those you've missed), saved browser queries, etc.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: