Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: cellcom Israel

time mismatch in Synch

I switched to BIS synch since Google synch vanished. An event put into the calendar on the desktop is synched into the handheld with the time moved back an hour. Events on the handheld synch perfectly into the computer calendar. This is not a time zone issue. Is there a patch for this?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: time mismatch in Synch

Hey Arkee2,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

When calendar appointments appear to be offset by 1 hour after synchronizing this is often caused by the operating system not being patched with the latest Daylight Saving Time (DST) changes.

Please see the following article to help resolve this:
Calendar appointments are 1 hour off after synchronization with a computer
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15282

I hope this helps.
Cheers!

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: cellcom Israel

I opened the site and did as I was told. I got the response that was predicted albeit for Israel Standard and Daylight time. Obviously this is not the issue. It never happened when I was synching to Google. I am still using the google calendar since I use Thunderbird for email and do not use Outlook. Is there a BIS calendar that would work better?

Thanks.

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Cellcom

I have the same issue (synch from Google Calendar to BB device is off by one hour).  If you search on the Internet you will see that in the past week or so this issue is cropping off sporadically for several people.  What they all have in common: BB, Cellcom Israel as their carrier, synching Google Calendar and BB Calendar.

In my case, my device was just replaced by Cellcom (mechanical issue) so it is completely reformatted with latest version.  Of course I have time-zone set correctly and also the latest timezoneupdate patch. I have been synching google calendar and my BB device (same model) for years and it works fine - until now.  I don't know if it is due to the latest version, something that happened a few days ago (probably, perhaps on Jan 1) or a combination.

I called Cellcom and of course they don't have a clue.  I called tech support and got the wrost kind of rep - he knows almost nothing but thinks he knows a lot. After answering his stupid questions he explained to me that it must be my fault "because he checked all his advanced tools and the network is fine".

Can someone at Blackberry get actively engaged here and also get someone senior at Cellcom who knows about BB engaged here?

I can add some more diagnostic information:

1) Old appointments are synching up OK.  Only appointments created recently (I can't determine how recently) synch up wrong.  Yes, that is correct. I turned off wireless synch, wiped out all my BB calendar data, and turned wireless synch back on.  When it brought down my calendar events - some events had the correct time and some were one hour early - including all the test events I created today.

2) I have four Google calendars that I synch - they all have issues now and all worked great for years, previously.

3) I have re-checked my Google calendars and my BB device - the time zone in both is Israel/Jerusalem GMT +2.

References to DST do not seem relevant here.  There is no explict DST setting on Google Calendar or the BB device and in any case, as noted, some appointments are OK and this appears to have just started recently even though DST changes were a while back...

Brian 

I also should note that all the events appear fine in the Google Calendar GUI, in my Outlook client which synchs with Google via  a 3rd party product, and with my Andorid devices that read my Google Calendar.

The only device where the appointments are "off" is the blackberry...

Additional input: when I set an appointment on my BB it shows up fine in Google Calendar.  The issue is only in the direction Google Calendar => BB.

And some more...

I set both my BB and one of my Google Calendar accounts to Eastern Time (GMT -5).

On my BBm I turned of wireless synch for all my google calendars and used the BB desktop to wipe my calendar clean.  Then I turned on wireless synch for that one account.

Same disease - all events that were created after a certain day a few weeks ago that I can't exactly determine  (I am starting to suspect this day DOES relate somehow to the day when DST was changed in either the US or Israel) show up as one hour early, older appointments show up with the correct time.

Found this link that suggest a similar problem back in 2008:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Pearl/Google-Calendar-sync-one-hour-off-on-my-BB/t...

Same weird situation where some google calendar events showed up on BB OK and some did not...