Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telkomsel
Accepted Solution

torch 9800 does not boot, help please

my dad was playing a game in his torch, then it suddenly crash since power button does not work he removed battery and reinsert it, after that bb keeps on restart loop i tried safe boot it works then i ask him to remove application that made crash after reboot i can't enter that safe mode again and the phone still in reboot loop, after downloaded BB desktop manager i tried to connect the blackberry it recognize torch 9800 but there is nothing i can do about it. after searching a bit i found apploader from 'common files' folder might help so i use it to remove other app, still not working in the end i use apploader /resettofactory to reset device, it show a white screen with a bar saying wiping files. after it reach 100% and reboot my phone still in restart loop. what should i do now?.

thanks before 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: torch 9800 does not boot, help please

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You really need to get it into Safe Mode again so that you can reload your OS. You might have gotten lucky that first time with the right timing on the key sequences...keep trying...I recall it taking many tries before I got one model to properly go into Safe Mode.

Otherwise, these articles may be useful:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

I have a Torch 9810 that today won't load at all. The red LED flashes every minute or so but it won't load at all or connect to Desktop Software. What can be done about this?

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Du

hi,

even i face the same issue as mentioned above i am not able to get in safe mode nor the restart loop stops..nor does the OS reinstallation process work.... it just keeps restarting.

at one point in OS reinstalling where it said reconnecting to JVM the installation stops and gives an error message asking me to reconnect since it is not able to connect to device.

please help.

thanks

Abraham

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Prestomone wrote:

hi,

even i face the same issue as mentioned above i am not able to get in safe mode nor the restart loop stops..nor does the OS reinstallation process work.... it just keeps restarting.

at one point in OS reinstalling where it said reconnecting to JVM the installation stops and gives an error message asking me to reconnect since it is not able to connect to device.

please help.

thanks

Abraham

Hello,

I suggest you try the 2nd article posted above (post 2).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................