Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9810
My Carrier: Telus

torch 9810 touch scren issues

I recently got a brand new BB 9810 replacement under warranty preloaded with 7.1.0.267 (Telus' office OS). It worked perfect for about 2 weeks and all of a sudden the touch screen is acting up. When I got to tap to select something it selects something on another part of the screen. Or sometimes it doesn't react at all. I can't flick scroll properly when on web pages.
So the first thing I did was a battery pull. Now when do this it 80% of the time solves the problem. But then at some point later the problem comes back. Sometimes it's a few minutes afterwards and then other times it will be hours later.
So this led me to think it was an OS issue. I did a complete reinstall of the OS and it worked for the rest of the day. I was so happy. Work up the next morning, it worked for a couple hours and then problem came back again.
I thought maybe it was a problem with that particular OS so I just loaded on the newest official OS 7.1.0.825 from Voda phone. Once again it worked for a few hours and problem comes back.
Seeking that it works for a while, I'm lead to think it may not be a hardware issue... Has anyone else had the same problem and found a fix. I got this device back in December as a replacement the week before my original 1 yera warranty was over b/c that trackpad on that one stopped working.  What horrible luck I have b/c now that my warranty is over this one is acting up.
Getting really sick and tired of the issue. I"m holding out for BB10 N10 so need to get this going for another few months at least.

Thanks

Device info

Your carrier:Telus Mobility

Torch 9810; OS 7.1.0.825

Apps and free space

File free before and after a battery remove/replace. 177741474 Bytes

Did a battery pull fix your issue? NO

Apps installed and their version if possible. 

Bible: 3.9.3

Appworld 4.0.0.65

Maps 6.2.0.22

BBM 7.0.0.126

BB Protect 1.1.1.76

BB SmMime support 7.1.0

Broswer 7.1

Docs to go 3.0.0.221

email ++ 2.5.5

Evernote 3.5.423

Facebook 3.3.0.11

Google Talk 3.0.0.23

Tune in radio pro 1.0

Twitter 4.0.0.15

I've done clean installs with no apps and problem still happens.

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: torch 9810 touch scren issues

Hi southnam,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

To rule out anything that is being restored from your backup file causing this issue to recurr, could you please try to first back up all of your data then perform a clean reload of the most recent BlackBerry® Device Software released by your network provider? For further instructions, please see the following KB articles.

For Windows®: "How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" http://bbry.lv/GI9beY
For Mac: "Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" http://bbry.lv/J0UN1U
Once this is complete, could you please test without restoring any data from the backup? If the issue doesn't return without the backup file, then could you please do a custom restore of only essential data and test again?

Let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

So in the past few weeks I've done clean reinstalls already. Done the normal wa, done it with BBSAK wipe.  Have already tried not reloading back up etc... I think I've tried it all.  I've posted on Crackberry and got some help from those over there b/c it seems as though there are a handful of others who have the same issues and said certain os's help to fix the problem.

When I install a new os it works for a bit and then starts up again with the issue.

btw, do you know how long the warranty is one  replacement handset from RIM?

New Contributor

Check out this thread here about other with similar problems.
http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-torch-9810-f236/9810-touchscreen-problems-676393/
New Contributor

At the advice of another user on crackberry I installed 7.1.0.536 and it works. I've tried 4 others with no luck until now. Fingers crossed, 18 hours and proble has not come back. This is the longest for last month.
New Contributor

Update. It messed up again. I've tried about 10 OS from 7.0 to 7.1 with no luck still. Argh...