Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch9860
My Carrier: tmobile

torch 9860 do not power on only red light flash on front please help

Ive been using my bb9860 for 20 days yesterday night i hooked up to the charger and this morning was off i tried to turn on but i cant i only get the front red light flashing. i removed the battery and put back again but nothing any idea any help????

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Plus Communication

Re: torch 9860 do not power on only red light flash on front please help

Hi,

I am facing the same issue with my torch 9860. I just turned on for the first time my torch 9860 and I was unable to access my appword application, because my device didn't recognized my BlackBerry ID.

So i decided to update my software to a new version V7.0 Bundle 2406. When the update finished  my device was powerd on, since i heard th music of the demo and the lights of the buttons were on, but nothing appeared on display.

Is this the same issue that you are facing, or your device is not reacting at all?

I tried to downgrade the software version to the previous version, but the same situation. I search all the day on internet and someone told me that the device is dead and this is a hardware issue.

But i am 100% sure that the device is ok, and this is not a harware issue, but a software issue.

Can someone provide support on this issue?

Thanks in advance. 

New Contributor
My Device: torch9860
My Carrier: tmobile

mine no sounds no react seems like keep rebooting evrey 10 secons. i tried to upgrade or downgrade software but shows problem connecting device in something that say reconecting JVM.

New Contributor

I am trying another procedure right now. I will let you know if it works or not.

New Contributor

Sorry, it didn't worked.

I just download another software version 7.0.0 bundle 2909 and i removed the vendor.xml file under c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader on my PC. After that I launched the Loader.exe which can be found under the same directory as above. I removed the battery from my device and connected my device to my PC through USB cable. I was waiting few moments till the Loader recognized my device and i pressed the button Next.  In case the Loader is taking to long to recognize your device, put the battery into your device and it should recognize your device for sure. After that press the button Next till the end. It said that the Software was installed successfully. But nothing with my screen. It is the same black screen as it was at the begining. The only diference was that when the device was intializing on the screen i saw a battery sign with a cross which indicates that no battery is inserted on device. When i put the battery the sign has been disappeared.

You can try this procedure, maybe it works for your device.

Just let me know if you have a good news Smiley Happy

Developer
My Device: Red 10
My Carrier: Mobifone

Don't waste your time, buddies. This is known as Bricked berry. Mine bricked 2 weeks ago and no way to fix.
If your device is under a warranty, go to carrier shop to do an exchange. For me, I can do nothing but stay wait for OS 7.1 to be released or even leaked.
New Contributor

Thanks mate. I am trying to download the software 7.1 now and i will try it. I will let you know if i will have a good news.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Hi Guys,

Any resolution on this???

Thanks..!!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

please dont necro old posts

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V