Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

torch bluetooth driver/tethering problem

ok, so running win 7 pro 64-bit on an HP2740p tablet. Installed latest BB desktop software (6.02..), all laptop updates are applied. When attempting to 'add new (bluetooth) device' to the tablet, I go through the BB desktop software, do my corresponding message replies on laptop and device to establish connection. During the driver install, there are 9 parts indicated, of which 3 fail (all labelled  "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" - nothing more). The other 6 complete successfully (eg. standard modem over bluetooth link #, headset ag, av source, remote control, av remote control target, opp). I've attempted to re-do the connection link several times but at no point am I getting the driver to fully install. Functionality is limited to syncing with apps, but still no bluetooth tether. Able to connect other bluetooth devices successfully (abeit devices with less functionality). The only way tether works is by usb cable. connected to that wonderful Rogers network. ( Yes, I've tried the uninstall/re-install of the BB desktop software as well as a hard down on the device and restart). The maddening part is that i had it working once - a while ago when the laptop was fresh, but haven't been able to again. No error logs on the machine indicate hardware failures and really few details.  No other posts on BBC seem close in nature. Any suggestions? 

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: orange

Re: torch bluetooth driver/tethering problem

ive the same issue, netbook shows errors with my torch 9800. it says drivers are missing, had this issue for a year, and on my previous curve,HHHHeeeellllllp