Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

torch charging setup

Hi all,

I'm a new torch user. I wanna ask about charging torch.
When using the previous bb, when charging, the battery icon displayed the lightning icon all the time until it full.

But when charging the torch, the lightning battery icon is flashing. Firstly I think this was the new improvement of os6. But after I charged while use my torch, the battery level didn't increase at all.

Now, I have to turn off my torch, so it can charge properly. This situation is absolutely annoying.

Please advise,
Is it true that we can't use bb when charging?
And why the lighting icon is flashing.
Fyi, I only use bbm and browsing when charging
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: torch charging setup

I have an issue where the device stops charging when I am connected to my laptop and pick it up for use.  I think this has something to do with the power settings on the laptop, as this does NOT happen when charging with the wall unit.

You're saying that the battery indicator actually continuously flashes as you're charging the device?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor
My Device: Bold & 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

I think you should return the phone and ask for replacement cause if it is showing charging indicator then it should charge.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Yep..the lightning is appear for several second,and then off.then appear again. With no pattern. When I read from the forum, it seems the enhancement of os6.please confirm,is it true?
My Device: Torch 9800

Your Torch is functioning correctly... when charging while powered down, the charge indicator will pulse between amber/green until fully charged, when it will remnain a constant green.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

We're not talking about the LED here, we're taking about the battery icon on a device that is powered up.

Thanks for the input, though.  Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

lighning bolt should be on when charging.

is the mattery getting warm at all? There is a sensor that will keep it from getting to hot. I had a app that was causing my battery to get warm and it would not charge when warm. Could this be your issue?

if yes then

On device go to Options, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on #Torch. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on. Also touch the CPU menu to see other time variables. I found out that an app was eating away CPU cycles on mine

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V