Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Re: torch issues

[ Edited ]

thanks by the way, I am new here and greetings!

EDIT: Link Removed

New Contributor
My Device: torch
My Carrier: satelindo

I'm using google map now and is by far much better than blackberry map however I can't find the function to save the favorite location so that you won't have to seach every time.

Does any one knows if this function is available at all?

On Black Berry map instead i have another problem: when I set the map to "Track up" as soon as the map changes for any reason (let's say I zoom in or zoom out) the map goes back to "North up"

anyone got the same problem and a solution?

regards

New Contributor
My Device: Torch - 9800
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

I am having this issue too... GPS works in Google Maps but not Blackberry Maps. When I click My Location it just says 'Your current location is unknown' and the circle next to the magnifying glass is greyed out. I guess thats a My Location shortcut button? well I cant press that anyway whatever it is..

It doesnt even attempt to search for GPS the error just pops straight up. However in Google Maps it works fine Smiley Sad I just want it to work!!

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone India

I have a bit of a differernt problem. My BB Maps does not even load properly. It finds my location (witihin 7 meters) but I all I see is the green circle and the rest of the screen is blank. Essetially the rest of the map with its entire topology is not being shown. Seems to be some kind of refresh or cache issue. Secondly I am trying to download Google maps. But the download keeps failing - it timesout. Is this a problem with the ISP then? Help please? Where can I download the latest BB maps from? Can I do that?

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Movistar

Hello! I'm a new bb user, I bout a torch.. I was working fine but yesterday i tried to use it with wifi and it doesnt work.. When i go troubleshoooting theres no dns adress! how can i solve this problem?! Please help!!!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT7t

Just downloaded OS 6 for the torch. Had to reload Tivo programming, but now it says that my device does not meet system requirements - anyone else having this problem?

My Device: Curve 8520

I have locked this topic as it has been dormant for a while.

If you have a question about this or a similar issue please create a new post

Steve_T                                                                                                                          New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png  AS3.png  CG2.png