Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8130
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: trackball problems

I have had my Blackberry replaced twice. All three of the phones I have gotten have had this same problem. I have the phone for about 3-6 months and then the trackball fails. Everytime I bring in the phone, they replace the trackball, and everytime, the problem doesnt get fixed by that solution. What they told me is that there is a sensor under the trackball that slipped out of place. This is not fixable so they have had to send me two new phones. I asked if this was a common occurance and they said no, and that its just a coincidence that I happend to get 3 faulty phones. Unfortunatly, my second replacement phone has started displaying the same problem...again! My suggestion, GET A NEW PHONE!

haha good luck!

Highlighted
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: trackball problems

Hi and welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101    Tips & Tricks

Yeah, that has got to be a pain, but as long as they keep replacing it (as they should).......

Just make sure you keep syncing and backing up so you can restore your data.  Or maybe think about one of the newer devices that has a trackpad instead of the trackball.  Maybe with all the difficulties you are having your carrier would cut you a deal one of those models if they offer them.

Happy to have you here! Smiley Very Happy

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.