Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: o2

trackpad has stopped working

I have a bold 9780

Recently my trackpad has been playing up(not repsonding to my touch) and when it does respond it flys everywhere uncontrollably and the centre bit doesnt work either. i have taken battery out several times. i have also tried updating and restoring to original factory settings. I have backed up etc. This still hasnt worked. has anyone else had these problems.

Thanks

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: trackpad has stopped working

Hi Oll13,

Welcome to the community & Thanks for your Post..!!

Please try to boot your device in Safemode & then observe...

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB17877&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

I had this similar problem except my trackpad was working.  I followed the instructions you provided to boot it in Safe Mode, and so far, no problems as of yet.  What does Safe Mode prevent me from doing that I could do in Regular Mode?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Thanks for your post..!!

Safe mode prevent third party apps to start autimatically, while device starts.
There is no difference, in regular and safe mode, safe mode actually helps us to check whether issue is happening because of 3rd party or not.
You may also try by performing a hard reboot by battery pull, while device is on and re-insert it after a min.

Hope this will help you..!!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

I tried it in Safe Mode and in Regular mode and it's the same, it scrolls uncontrollably.  I am not sure what to do.