Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Koodo

trackpad is STILL frozen...

hi, i have a blackberry curve 8530. its old, been through alot, but recently the track pad froze, but only when it seems to be absolutely nessessary for me to use the track pad. for example, i can scroll left and right on the home screen, but when i press the bb button and go to the menu, the track pad freezes...annoying right? it freezes in my txtin app, and most other apps. my space bar has also stopped working...ive done the battery pull, and when i try the soft reboot, it does nothing. and the even crazier part is this has happened before..but it fixed its self, cause i dont recall ever doing anything. any idea? 

ive now done a factory reset and it still didnt fix, also tryed pressing on the back of the pad under the battery....nothing

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: trackpad is STILL frozen...

Hey Tomally92,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

I would suggest to do a clean reload of the BlackBerry® device software as shown here: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320, please test before restoring any data to the device.

If this resolves the issue do a selective restore of essential data (Address Book, Calendar, Task, Memos, BBM contacts etc.)
How to use BlackBerry® Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry® smartphone from a backup file
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

If the issue still persists after the reload, further investigation might be required. To help further diagnose the cause, contact your wireless service provider or BlackBerry® Technical Support Services for further review and support.

Thank you

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!