Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 8900
My Carrier: C Cell
Accepted Solution

transfer contact list

Hi All,

I need some assistance which may seem like a very simple task BUT I’m having a very difficult time with it.

I have a Blackberry 8900 and wish to transfer or move somehow my contacts list to my other black berry which is a 9780 Bold… please help

How do I do this?

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: transfer contact list

Hello Ravashlin

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

There are many means by which you can achieve the task.If you want to transfer all from  one device to another you can use device switch wizard or if you  want only the Address book or contact list then use BlackBerry  Desktop Software.

Connect your device ,open BlackBerry Desktop Software > Backup  > Custom ( Selected Data ) choose to backup only AddressBook .Then connect your second device and just restore ( Selected data ) your Address Book from the backup.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Visitor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: rogers

[ Edited ]

HELP!!!......have transferred sim card from BOLD to CURVE......it seems that no phone or e-mail contacts were transferred.....i am really balackberry-dumb and would greatly appreciate it for someone to take me by the hand and step by step explain how i can get all my old contacts transferred to my CURVE......i don't mind being laughed at first as long as i can get someone who feels sorry for me explain it to me properly....also my e-mail is [removed]@yahoo.com....thank-you in advance

irwin

MOD EDIT: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

azrieldiamond wrote:

HELP!!!......have transferred sim card from BOLD to CURVE......it seems that no phone or e-mail contacts were transferred.....i am really balackberry-dumb and would greatly appreciate it for someone to take me by the hand and step by step explain how i can get all my old contacts transferred to my CURVE......i don't mind being laughed at first as long as i can get someone who feels sorry for me explain it to me properly....also my e-mail is [removed]@yahoo.com....thank-you in advance

irwin

MOD EDIT: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You probably want to use the Device Switch Wizard...refer:

• Article ID: KB05421 What is the Switch Device Wizard
  • Article ID: KB23677 How to switch devices using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................