Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Etisalat

transfer contacts from one blackberry to another without deleting existing contacts in the destination device

Hi,

How would I transfer contatcs from one blackberry to another without deleting existing contacts in the destination smartphone.

Thanks

Mathew

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: transfer contacts from one blackberry to another without deleting existing contacts in the destination device

Use the BlackBerry Desktop Software > Switch Device Wizard.

It will leave the original device intact.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: transfer contacts from one blackberry to another without deleting existing contacts in the destination device

Hello,

Thanks for the post. Sure it's just add, not a restore (wipe out the whole list and restore from old device) ?. I want to make sure that my new device contacts will not be eraed.

Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Orange

Thnis information is incorrect.  I just used Switch Devices.  All my previous contacts were delted on the destination phone.

PeterinSlovakia wrote:

Thnis information is incorrect.  I just used Switch Devices.  All my previous contacts were delted on the destination phone.

PeterinSlovakia, the information posted in this thread is a year and half old, I believe.

Do you have a backup of the destination device from BEFORE the Switch Device Wizard was used?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Orange

Thanks very much for your offer of help. 

know the information is old but that is what you see when you approash the site through Google.  It's a bit dangerous having that information on the site. Anyway, I have now actually solved the problem. 

I uploaded the contacts from both devices to Outlook Express.  When you then dowload from Outlook Express you get both contact lists combined.  I also recommend using the manual option for resolving conflicts when uploading the contacts to OE through Blackberry Desktop because you may have the same contact on both devices..

good... and that is one of the methods I would have recommended, there are others, and that one is probably one of the easiest.

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates