Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

maw
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310

transfer of movies and music via ms windows explorer

hey folks,

losing my mind here, short trip. I had been able to transfer music and such with windows explorer before upgrading to os4.5 but now can't find the bb on winexplore! I'm looking under 'computer', is that the right spot?? 

also, please confirm that movies must be in mpeg4 to be usable on the player.

thanks!!! 

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: transfer of movies and music via ms windows explorer

If you go into Options | Media Card see what your settings are set to. The recommended media settings are as follows:

Media Card support : ON
Encryption Mode : NONE
Mass Storage Support : ON
Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected : YES

Yes mpeg-4 is supported. Also mpeg-1 and wmv are supported as well

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
maw
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310

Re: Re: transfer of movies and music via ms windows explorer

Things are working now. You were right about settings. Also when bb desktop software is runnind, explorer can't see the mobile, when I connect the mobile with out starting bb desktop, explorer shows it. I don't like roxio at all. When I get online with my pc I'll click kudod, can't do it from mobile.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Re: transfer of movies and music via ms windows explorer

Hi,

If you want to take the Media Manager off your system (recommended) use the following procedure to

ensure all files and registry entries are clean.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

You can then re-install the version of Desktop software from here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

And the manual from here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/docs/subcategories/?userType=1&category=BlackBerry+Desktop+Soft...

Thanks

If you need more info please ask!  If not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudos’ star, Just place the check in the Post that answered your question, Thanks  

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter