Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

transferring files (pics/vids) from pc to 9530

I've read the instructions and just can't seem to get the file transfer to work (using Media Manager).  Can someone walk me through it to make sure I didn't miss a step?  I purchased this phone used so there could be something wrong with the phone, I guess.

Phone is connected...Media Manager open...pics/vid selected...copy down...then I get lost.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: transferring files (pics/vids) from pc to 9530

Hi and welcome to the forums,

I personally don't use Media Sync, but I'll give you an alternate set of instructions that I find is faster than using Media Sync.

If you just want to transfer simple files and don't care about synching the phone's media files with your computer, you can use Windows Explorer to manually transfer files.  To do this, you have two options. 

1. The preferred option that will be the fastest is to use a microSD card reader and to remove the microSD card from the phone, plug it into the reader and then simply plug the reader into the computer.  You can then load media files on just like you would with any external hard drive, etc. by simply copying and pasting them over.
  2. The alternate option which is a little slower is to plug the phone into your computer, open Windows Explorer, scroll to the BlackBerry disk drive and then load the files onto the media card from there just as you would above.

I've found these two methods to be the easiest.  Alternately, you can find a set of instructions on how to use Media Sync program here:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/12949/index.jsp?name=User+Guide+-+BlackB...=

This is the actual user guide for the software.

Good luck and I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530, Verizon, 5.0.0.419

I don't want to "step" on Krypto's good intentions. But constantly taking Storm's media card out of phone and putting it into card reader, then into computer to transfer media files, may corrupt the media card. Then you have to "format" media card to correct problem, unfortunally all data will be erased. The safer, or slower method, is to USB Storm to computer, then use Windows Explorer to "drag and drop" media to phone.Smiley Wink

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

I would  send to My Self by Email Then When They Reach My Email on My Phone I click Save

It may be Slow But it Works

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I don't know that you're doing anything wrong but I OFTEN get triplicates of songs, pics. and bids using the desktop app. I've resorted to almost always using a chip reader instead!