Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: 3

trouble sending and recieving mms on torch 9800

hi all, im pretty new to bb scene. i recently purchased the torch 9800 and am trouble sending and recieving mms. i no that my contract has 100 free mms a month but as of yet have not been able to send any of these. i have been to the 3 store and they havent been able to help me and have spoke to the 3 customer services that does not understand why these wont send.

when i attach the picture i want to send it flashes up mms may incur a charge (which i know already) then when i send the picture it flashes up sms mode and doesnt send.. a red cross comes up at the side where the tick normally does when it has sent.

can anyone please help me

many thanks

My Device: Torch 9800

Re: trouble sending and recieving mms on torch 9800

go to manage connections icon on home screen.

click mobile network options.

make sure data services is on..

try that and see if the problems still occur.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Optus

@LoopyGTI: I'm on Optus prepaid and have a bb torch. I have the exact same problem as you! Attaching an image and it flashes up MMS may incur a charge, and then when I hit the send button it says 'SMS mode'... Sending fails.. So your phone cannot receive mms at all? I sent a picture to myself using someone else's mobile, and I was able to retrieve and view it perfectly... If you get your problem solved can you help me out?
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Optus

@shenchz: The problem still occurs with the data services turned on... Maybe the problem is to do with the Text messaging options since I am able to receive mms but not send? Smiley Frustrated
Regular Contributor
My Device: LEAP
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: trouble sending and receiving mms on torch 9800

I can't either receive mms messages with my Torch 9800 with Yahoo emails but had no problem with the Bold 9700 both sending and receiving.

I added my hotmail account and have no problem receiving mms with that account. Very unusual.

My Device: Torch 9800, BB9700
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: trouble sending and receiving mms on torch 9800

I too have the same problem, but it appears it is related to the size of the image.

On my Bold I am able to adjust the size of the file before sending, where as on the Torch this option is not presented.

Social media still has 'auto resize' so you can upload images, but this is not extended to MMS.

RIM why would you disable this feature on Torch when it worked so well on my BOLD?

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 model:RCY71UW
My Carrier: PRD-33322-024

The problem is to do with the Text messaging options since I am able to receive mms but not send? 

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 model:RCY71UW
My Carrier: PRD-33322-024

The problem still occurs with the data services turned on... Maybe the problem is to do with the Text messaging options since I am able to receive mms but not send?