Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: ATT
Accepted Solution

trying to add my personal email to my work bb

I have a Curve 9360.  My supplier is AT&T.  This is my work-supplied phone, but I would like to add my personal email.  Of course I want to keep the emails separate.

I went to Setup>Email Accounts>Internet Mail Account, and was easily able to add my gmail account.  Unfortunately, I am not receiving any of my gmail.  It looks in the setup like the gmail address is there.

I was hoping to see a second little envelope icon containing my gmail, but so far nothing.

Please help

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: trying to add my personal email to my work bb

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

To activate the second envelope icon, you must configure it:

• Homescreen > Messages > Logo_Blue.gif > Options > Inbox Management

Uncheck the Gmail item, and you should then have a second icon on your homescreen. It may take up to 15 minutes for new GMail items to arrive on your BB...note that no old GMail items will arrive, just new ones starting from when you activate it on your BB.

All of this, of course, pre-supposes that your BES admins are not blocking your ability to have a personal email account configured on your BB...they can do that, you know.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: ATT

Hi, thanks for responding so quickly.

I followed your directions:

• Homescreen > Messages > Logo_Blue.gif > Options > Inbox Management

but there is no gmail entry to uncheck.  I suspect that my company administrators are blocking it

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Quite possibly...you need to talk to them about if what you are trying is even allowed.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Talk mobile

I have the same problem with a Blackberry Curve 8520 and I understand what's happened in that I was pushed into locking the blackberry email what I don't get is I have tried everything on here and I have got absolutely nowhere. Please help? One question is there a way of downloading hotmail or gmail from the internet on said and if so can you please and anyone else the link?

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

Hello,

Please do me a favor...add some punctuation into your post...it's awfully hard to parse...

PoohBear12 wrote:

what's happened in that I was pushed into locking the blackberry email

I have no idea what you mean by that...

PoohBear12 wrote:

what I don't get is I have tried everything on here and I have got absolutely nowhere. Please help?

"Everything" is a pretty broad statement. If by that you mean that you are also on BES (as the OP of this thread is), then you need to do as the OP must...talk to your BES admins.

PoohBear12 wrote:

One question is there a way of downloading hotmail or gmail from the internet on said and if so can you please and anyone else the link?

Google has an app for Gmail accounts for BB...you find it here:

I don't think HotMail has such an app, but then again I don't use HotMail (haven't for many many years).

Good luck!