Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: sprint
Accepted Solution

turning off wireless sync

I have been trying to turn off wireless synchronization in my black berry ever since I got it.
When I go to the helpsection in my Blackberry Desktop Software program, it says
1. On you blackberry device, in the calendar application, Contacts application, Tasks application, or Memopad, press the Menu key > Options.
2. If necessary, click a calendar or contact list.
3. Change the wierless synchroization field to NO or clear the wierless synchronization check box.
4. Press the menu key > save.

NONE OF THAT EXIST ON MY BLACKBERRY!
I mean have all the applications but there are NO wireless synchronization check box.
There is NO wierless synchroization field! I can’t find any place where it says wireless synchronization on my blackberry. I can’t synchronize my calendar at all.
This is really horrible, what kind of stupid instructions does blackberry give out?

Has anyone come across this problem and is there a fix for it?

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: orange dominicana

Re: turning off wireless sync

HAs some one solve this problem how to turn off wireless sync on your device when the options presented are not there

Contributor

no! no one has posted anything. and you are rite its not in options at all. it drives me crazy.

Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Virginmobile

Why did you not say your Blackberry model and operating system version?

Beemer

Contributor

rite there at the tope of the forum it  says black berry curve, that whay I have. I thinks thats how its done rite. My post is in the area where it says blackberry curve. I didntpost under iphone or any other moddel this site has. as to what moddel this phone is there is no numbers on it. Just blackberry. it doesn't say it in devise and status and information either

Contributor

I have looked and looked and I see no where that it (the phone) tells me where the OS and moddel it is. all these phone run some distro of linux, hell even sprint's website is closed and i cant see my moddel number there.

i'm pretty sure it's the 

Sprint BlackBerry Curve 3G (9330)

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: orange dominicana

My blackberry is a torch 9800 and the sofware is 6.0 bundle 695. I do have the play book , and I suspect that something have to do with it.

Contributor

I have no idea where to find the software virsion my phone is, I've looked and I don't see it. I'm guessing by playbook you meen the instructions rite? but what about updates? everytime you update your BB the virsion changed correct? I just updated mine like last month. 

Highlighted
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon 3G

'Ello,

I have a BlackBerry Curve 9330 (v6.0.0.524, Platform 4.4.0.438).  After installing the desktop manager software and attempting to synch my device with my pc, I received a notification that I must first turn off the wireless synchronization option on my BlackBerry.  Okay, cool.  But how?

Evidently with a headache.  I tried following the directions from Research in Motion.  I tried reading the user manual.  I tried searching the web.  I tried calling BlackBerry's customer service line to get a refund on the past two hours of my life I just wasted.  But all of these attempts were in vain.  You know why?

Because there is no "Wireless Synchronization" field, that's why. 

I don't know how a company manages to give its customers false instructions or no instructions at all.   I also don't know how I managed to waste yet another hour of my life on my BlackBerry.  But after playing around with  my phone, I figured it out.  And now I will share with you lovely people!

So, assuming you already set up an e-mail account to be used with your phone, here's how to wirelessly synch your Blackberry Curve 9330 with Blackberry's desktop software:

1. Go to Messages on your phone.  You can get there by either clicking the yellow envelope icon on the top of your screen or going into your apps and then clicking on the envelope icon.
  2. Once you're there, scroll to the top and click on the date.
  3. Click on Full Menu.
  4. Go to Email Account Management (above Spell Check).
  5. Click on your e-mail address.
  6. Click on Edit.
  7. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see Synchronization Options.  Open it up and uncheck Contacts and Deleted items.
  8. Save.

Viola!  After following these steps, I could *finally* sync my BlackBerry with the desktop manager.  Hope this helps!

Contributor

So, assuming you already set up an e-mail account to be used with your phone, here's how to wirelessly synch your Blackberry Curve 9330 with Blackberry's desktop software:

1. Go to Messages on your phone.  You can get there by either clicking the yellow envelope icon on the top of your screen or going into your apps and then clicking on the envelope icon.
  2. Once you're there, scroll to the top and click on the date.
  3. Click on Full Menu.
  4. Go to Email Account Management (above Spell Check).
  5. Click on your e-mail address.
  6. Click on Edit.
  7. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see Synchronization Options.  Open it up and uncheck Contacts and Deleted items.
  8. Save.

Wow thank you so much that is utterly amazing lol one thing though…

Between 3 & 4 you should have said click on options from the full menu, that’s where the Email Management is. From there I got it. Thanks for sharing your find and taking the time to post it, and your hard work. I was getting ready to call Blackberry myself.