Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: bell canada
Accepted Solution

unable to find the requested server.

i have a new blackberry bold 9780, through bell (its canadian) and whenever I try to use the browser on my home wifi, it thinks and thinks, then says "unable to find the requested server". However I have no trouble texting, or receiving emails on my blackberry through the wifi, just that I cant browse. And its not the internet or modem, because I have never lost sync on my laptop and its wireless.

I am really frustrated, and my friends have an iphone3, and a blackberry torch and they have no trouble when they come over and use my wifi.

thanks

zach

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: unable to find the requested server.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

your response didnt help. there must be something here we are missing.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Try deleting and re-creating the WiFi configuration. Sometimes that helps.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

well i deleted my wireless network, and reconnected as you suggested, and I still cant browse. So its done nothing, I can email, send texts, and bbm, but I cannot browse the web using my browser!!

please help me resolve this issue!

Hall of Famer III

Does this BB work fine on other WiFi networks? You may want to try elsewhere to see if that's the problem.

Is your network Open or Secured? How, exactly therefore, are you configuring it on your BB?

zachr wrote:

please help me resolve this issue!

Funny...I thought that's exactly what I was trying to do. Guess you feel otherwise...pity.

Contributor

I apologize, thanks for helping me, i'm just frustrated is all. I do appreciate your help. It wont surf on any wifi, not just my home connection. My home internet is a secure wifi connection.

Hall of Famer III

zachr wrote:

I apologize, thanks for helping me, i'm just frustrated is all. I do appreciate your help.

Accepted.

zachr wrote:

It wont surf on any wifi, not just my home connection.

Ahhhh...now we may be getting somewhere. Check here (If you are on BB OS 6, hopefully this is close):

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Service Book

At the very bottom of that list (at least on mine), there are two entries for WiFi...do you have WiFi Service Book entries?

Contributor

there are alot of entries in my service book, but at the bottom of that page there is   wi-fi TCP/IP  Broswer [BrowserConfig]  and Wi-Fi  TCP/IP  Transport [WPTCP]

Hall of Famer III

Darn...I actually was hoping those were missing.

1) What BB OS level are you on, please? All 4 octets, please.

2) Has this BB every been part of a corporate BES environment?

3) If not ever BES, how was the BB procured? Truly brand new from your carrier? Or from some other means?

Depending on your answers to 2 and 3, it's possible that there is a latent IT Policy on board that is blocking WiFi functions...