Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

unable to install BBM

Hi friends, I am new to this community. I am here to find a solution to a recent problem that I have faced. I mistakenly deleted BBM from my mobile phone. Currently I am using Blackberry Curve 8520. I have tried installing BBM from blackberry applications but its saying that the OS version of the blackberry 8520 do not support the BBM. Kindly help me out.
Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z-10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: unable to install BBM

Hello Sandeepkhokhar;

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question.

The following is a list of steps and information gathering, please ensure you follow each to resolve your issue;

• Locate and note the current software version of your BlackBerry device
    1. Application version:
    2. Platform Version
  • Check in the device options and applications to see if the BlackBerry Messenger is still listed in the loaded device applications.
  1.                                                               i.      If so note its version and delete it
  2.                                                             ii.      After it has been deleted attempt to reload the application from BlackBerry World

If the BlackBerry Messenger is not listed on the device and you are unable to install from BlackBerry World, perform the following;

• Access your service provider or Wireless Carrier website for your account and device listing
  • Download the latest version of the device software to your PC
  • Also download the BlackBerry Desktop Manager
  • Install the Desktop Manager and the device software on your PC
  • Connect your device and perform a backup
  • Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager
  • Launch the Application “Launcher.exe”. By default this should be located in the following path:

<driveSmiley Embarassed\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader

64-BASE

<driveSmiley Embarassed\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader

• Check to see if the BlackBerry Messenger is in the list of applications with the downloaded software. If so install only that application from the list available.

Please find below the necessary links to knowledgebase articles to assist you;

How to install BlackBerry Device Software using the application loader tool on a shared computer

Install or update device software on a BlackBerry smartphone without using BlackBerry Desktop Softwa...

Let us know if you have any further questions regarding this specific request.

MAD-VIKING