Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Bell

unable to login to Blackberry ID account

Last Thursday my phone got wet, I had it in rice til today, it looks like it works but soon as I try to get on it asks for  my username and password, I put it in and I keep getting the message "unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account", can someone tell me what to do

Thank You

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: unable to login to Blackberry ID account

Hello,

First, congratulations on doing the rice treatment properly...so many folks get impatient and check too soon! But, even with that, with moisture intrusion into a BB, the only thing predictable is that the result will be unpredictable. I've heard of BBs coming back to life and running fine for a long time. Others never come back to life at all. Others come back fine at first, and then get worse over time. And everything in between those results as well. You are lucky that you have it working as it is.

As to that error message, here is a KB:

• KB28212 "Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account" or "Unable to update your BlackBerry ID account information" error occurs on a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7

Please watch very carefully as you enter your credentials to be 100% certain that the characters you intend are actually being sent...with moisture damage, the keyboard connections often get flaky, resulting in very strange things.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................