Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

unable to receive or deliver text messages

Hello, I'm new to the forums and Blackberry. I've had my 9800/AT&T w/unlimited text for a few days and I'm unable to receive or send/deliver text messages and I can't send/deliver email.  Software update says I have the current software, 6.0 bundle 695.

I receive e-mails from a couple of different POP3 accounts with no problem. When I send a text message the icon indicates the message has been sent but it 's not received (delivered?) to the recipient. I don't receive any text messages either. E-mails that I send are not delivered.

Also have received a few emails with "3020 Mobile Email OZMAIL CI=278494d3f5eb08edea877cade309ac38 MC=1" is that relevant?

No changes made to any of the default settings, AT&T store and the forums suggested removing the battery, did that , didn't help. They did send me a PIN message which I received. They didn't have any suggestions other than saying " that's odd" and I don't see any other fixes in the forums or knowledge base.

I have three other LG phones on the same account that can send and receive text with no problems.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Solutions: 6,348
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: unable to receive or deliver text messages

When you did the battery pull reboot, did you leave the device powered on? You should.

When you send a text message, do you see the D for Delivered next to the sent message?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Yes , the device was left on. There is no "D" beside the message only a check mark

Solutions: 6,348
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Look at your Options > Security and check the Firewall settings.

Do you have any firewall settings to block SMS?

If not, I would suggest that you call your AT&T tech support and talk through this with them.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

There are no firewall settings for SMS, No text messages whether the firewall is "enabled" or not.

I'll try AT&T support and post the results.

Thanks