Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: at&t

unable to see installed application

i bought a london use blackberry bold 9700, anytime i install or download d facebook mobile chat, it can't see it inside my application or downloads and it won't appear in any of the the folders and if i check my blackberry world under my world it will be there that the facebook mobile was installed successfully,whereas is not inside the application folder...pls i want u 2 help me out......or tell me whats wrong with my phone.thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: unable to see installed application

Hello,

Lacking punctuation in your post, I am having to guess a little bit as to what you are trying to say. But I thing I understand...we shall see.

Please first check here rather than BBWorld to see for sure if the app in question is installed:

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on the BlackBerry smartphone

If it is installed, then please turn on "Show All" (so as to see all hidden icons) and look at all homescreen displays carefully to see if that particular icon is hidden...if so, unhide it.

Also please check to be sure you are not on any custom theme that could be hiding these icons.

Otherwise, check this:

• KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

If there is an IT Policy on your device, it may be blocking your view of these icons. If you are on BES, then talk to your BES admins. If you are not on BES, then you have a lot of work to do to cleanse your BB of that IT Policy. Start with a full backup...refer to the link in my auto-sig on this post. Then, do this:

• KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Afterwards, when you restore, DO NOT do a full restore...rather, only to a custom restore of only those databases you require (e.g., Contacts, Calendar, etc.) and specifically avoid any databases that have anything to do with IT Policy or Enterprise...if you restore those, the IT Policy will be dutifully restored, and you'll be right back where you are now.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................