Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Airtel

unable to upgrade gtalk / msn / yahoo

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I got BB Curve 9300 and BB services activated. Recently I got a message that an upgrade for messengers are available for gtalk, yahoo, msn , BB travel.

I was able to upgrade BB travel successfully but for gtalk / yahoo / msn.. all 3 it does not allow me. Nothing happens when I attempt to upgrade..I get a message " please wait " for a second or two..but nothing happes after that even after I hit upgrade on all 3 messengers numerous times.. I got V 5.0 software on BB phone. current upgrading version available for all 3 messengers are  2.5.69. I need to download them. any help would be much appreciated. 

I have rebooted twice..took battery off as well but problem persists.

Cheers !

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: o2

Re: unable to upgrade gtalk / msn / yahoo

Have you touched or changed the "Edit Permissions" part on the apps download settings ?! Just a thought! But it can throw it out of Sync.
New Contributor

No I have not touched the settings.. but just so you know the current settings are connections - custom, interactions - custom , user data - allow  on 3 of them.. 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Resend the service books to the device

KB15402  How to send service books to the BlackBerry smartphone for BlackBerry Internet Service

Also check each folder even hidden ones and press menu key>show all.

Sometimes the icons are hidden after the installation.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Hi,

I have sent the service books, what now ? Do I wait.. I was curious what is the service book about ? Does that help you troubleshoot ?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Basically service books contain carrier updates and support data for applications on the device. See the attached link.

From the main screen press the options icon>scroll to applications> let the table build completely> go to third party and verify that the apps are installed and document the version numbers.

Did you do the show all procedure?

Thanks,

Bifocals

What is the service book    

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z30

I received the same upgrade notice for the IMs and saw the same reaction after clicking the Upgrade button. Then I followed the instructions to resend the Service books. Tried again to perform the upgrade, saw the same reaction (the flashing words "Please Wait"), then went to each individual IM program, started each one and brought up the main menu at the sign in screen (without signing in). Chose the "Check For Update" option, watched each program go through it's check and all three (GTalk, MSN and Yahoo) returned the response "Latest version installed". So the upgrade notice may have been a mis-step in the update notification process at RIM, or resending the service books cleared up some confusion with the update notification process.