Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: o2

uncaught exception application net_rim_bb_addressbook_app241 is not responding

i have the blackberry curve 8520

when i try to add a new contact i get the following error message

uncaught exception application net_rim_bb_addressbook_app241 is not responding

or the phone locks up

i have taken the battery out and the sim a few times

i went back to an older version that didnt work

so reinstalled the new version

and this still happens

New Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 8530
My Carrier: Bell

Re: uncaught exception application net_rim_bb_addressbook_app241 is not responding

I have a BB Curve 8530 running on OS 5.  I also got a similar error message (295) and (253). When I open the BB Contacts app. Searched for a specific contact name. Then clicked on the name.  My Curve just froze. And I either pushed buttons until I got the error message. Or I gave up and removed the battery.

To solve the issue I tried to remove my battery waited a few minutes, replaced it. Reboot. Didn't work.  I did this several times. And nothing worked. Then I read thru some of the other post on this forum.  I then remembered that I had a few apps which required updates n the past few days such as Yahoo Messenger and Windows LIve Messenger.

And found that some people deleted their Yahoo Messenger and it worked. But that didn't work for me.  I then proceeded to delete Windows LIve Messenger. And that worked for me.

I then said that I can't live without my Yahoo Messenger and Windows Live Messenger. As not every one has a smartphone like BB and can use BBM. So I reinstalled Yahoo Messenger and the BB contacts app worked.  I then reinstalled Windows LIve Messenger and the BB contacts app works fine.

So everything is working fine now.  Please feel free to pass on this solutions to others.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8530
My Carrier: bell

Re: uncaught exception application net_rim_bb_addressbook_app241 is not responding

thank u for ur post it helped me to get mine all working agian except when i went to reinstalled windows messenger it did it agian so just uninstall it agian but thanks
New Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 8530
My Carrier: Bell

HI,

I am glad that it worked for you.

I did forget to mention one other thing. I did end up reinstalling the entire BB OS5.  You might want to try that out and see if it helps.