Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9700
My Carrier: 9700
Accepted Solution

uncaught exception

"uncaught exception,a browser content provider for Vid/3gg MME type has already been registered with the browser"
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: uncaught exception

Please Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

You haven't explained when or where on your device you receive this error message. More detail would be needed to troubleshoot what's happening, but rebooting the device as explained here SHOULD solve it.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Hi JSanders, thanks so much for your speedy reply :-) Well I have tried your suggestion (twice) unfortunately it isn't helping :-(. The error message appears just as the phone has finished rebooting,this was never an issue before,now I cannot access my videos or music on my memory card,it just says 'unable to play content'

First, connect your Blackberry to the PC and you should hears some beeps and the BlackBerry will connect to the PC, and ON the PC, look at MyComputer > find the BlackBerry or Removable Drive and see if you can view your videos and pictures from the PC... this will see if the Media Card is good or might have gone bad.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Hi JSanders,well I've connected to my PC and its opening the media card fine,what do you think is the problem now? Thanks so much for your help

Sharona1804 wrote:
Hi JSanders,well I've connected to my PC and its opening the media card fine,what do you think is the problem now? Thanks so much for your help

Great, can you also open a file, picture or video and view it ok ON the PC, from the media card?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Yep it views perfectly
Highlighted

Then I'd advise at this point that you copy all images and files on that card to your PC, in effect a complete backup of the card.
Then disconnect and reformat the card on your BlackBerry. I'm mobile right now and don't have a link to those instructions but will post them shortly.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Ok will try that,thanks again for your help :-) your a lifesaver
Contributor

Hi JSanders,well I've backed up my media card,I decided to try rebooting my phone but I'm still getting this message "uncaught exception,a browser content provider for Vid/3gg MIME type has already been registered with the browser"