Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: unlocked code for bold 9000

Hello Wolfwise,

I am wondering if you found out what unlocking the phone will accomplish? 

My expectation is that I can delete about AT&T applications/add-ons that are consuming memory.  I am struggling with the use of the applications on the Blackberry that I have loaded and use regularly.  With the AT&T phone locked it appears I cannot remove some nonsense applications like My Music/Navigator/MobiTV etc...  There are just  a few nonsense Blackberry apps I cannot remove as well. 

The applications Memory I have left on any given moment is 24 k to 4 MGB of 124 MGB.  I was told by AT&T there is additional memory in the locked area set aside for their bundled applications and the Blackberry core apps.

I always fear the new Blackberry releases because I then have to minimize or more my applications to accomodate the upgrade.  I am stuck in this fear mode until I find away to get rid of the AT&T nonsense applications.

Carrier Interconnection Consultant
New Contributor
My Device: Orange T-mobile Bold 9000

Hi guys,

Just unlocked yesterday bb bold 9000. Use it with Orange instead of T-mobile (which it was originally locked on). The question is: If i upgrade OS (from 4.6 to 5.smth), will it get locked again? and, in WHICH cases device might become locked again?

Many thanks!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

DimaSrg wrote:

Hi guys,

Just unlocked yesterday bb bold 9000. Use it with Orange instead of T-mobile (which it was originally locked on). The question is: If i upgrade OS (from 4.6 to 5.smth), will it get locked again? and, in WHICH cases device might become locked again?

Many thanks!

Hello,

Once unlocked, forever unlocked.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: 8850
My Carrier: t-mobile

the best way to unlock any phone is through codes. its the cheap and secure way to unlock any phone. because when you unlock through codes there are no possibilities of data loss or any other damage to your phone. try this method. i'm sure your phone will be unlocked safely. i got my phone unlocked through codes. i got the codes from this site http://www.theunlockarena.com/blackberry-bold-9000/rs13wp9/   to unlock my phone. try it.

New Contributor
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Just in case you all dont know this, you can call the carrier of the phone and ask them for the unlock code.  They MUST provide it to you.  It took 3 phone calls to Verizion tech support but I finally got the right person who sent me the ocde in a text message.  No cost.

New Contributor
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

How does it work now with the NEW 6.0 OS?  Not the same menu structure.

My Device: Bold 9700

Fantastic customer service. If you need to unlock your Blackberry, this is the place. I paid $21.13 US ($19.99 Canadian) and received an unlock code within thirty minutes. I provided an incorrect IMEI so that code did not work, but when I e-mailed cellunlock.net, they immediately responded with corrective information so that I could get the phone unlocked. Wish all businesses functioned with this level of customer service. 

Highlighted
My Device: 9000

Yeah, There are many community who can help you on Blackberry bold 9000 Unlock Code 's matter. I know the once where you can get unlock code for Blackberry Bold 9000 phone. Visit : www.expressunlockcodes.com .. i m sure they will help. Thanks

My Device: 9900

i m looking for AT&T Blackberry Bold 9000 network unlock code, phone is showing ' Network MEP Code (10)' .does it mean same ? unlock code & Network MEP Code ? i m not able to request unlock code from at&t . i m confuse about third party source are legit or not? i found this AT&T Blackberry Bold 9000 Unlock Code ? have anyone ever tried them service ? waiting for reply .                        

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

alixa4u wrote:

i m looking for AT&T Blackberry Bold 9000 network unlock code, phone is showing ' Network MEP Code (10)' .does it mean same ? unlock code & Network MEP Code ? i m not able to request unlock code from at&t . i m confuse about third party source are legit or not? i found this AT&T Blackberry Bold 9000 Unlock Code ? have anyone ever tried them service ? waiting for reply .                        

Hello,

Refer:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................