Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: virgin

unlocked torch 9800

first of all, hi I am new to this forum...

I have just brought a torch 9800 and was going to unlock it, watched some you tube vids didnt seem hard, when i checked the advanced system setting > sim card them typed MEPD all the list showed disabled which should be unlocked right...

if this is correct why will it not read my sim??

Please help

thanks andy

Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

Re: unlocked torch 9800

cashie1 wrote:

first of all, hi I am new to this forum...

I have just brought a torch 9800 and was going to unlock it, watched some you tube vids didnt seem hard, when i checked the advanced system setting > sim card them typed MEPD all the list showed disabled which should be unlocked right...

if this is correct why will it not read my sim??

Please help

thanks andy

Is it a second hand 9800 or did you get it from a carrier? Do you have a Blackberry data plan from your carrier? If you have a data plan for a different phone, it will not work with a Blackberry.

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: virgin

Hi thanks for reply:
The phone was brought off eBay sold as BNIB never used my data plan is for a BB curve so should work.
Still stuck thanks
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

It is probably because the phone needs to be "registered" with your carrier. Give them a call and set things up.

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".