Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: torch 9850
My Carrier: tmobile

unlocked verizon blackberry torch 9850 on tmobile

i have a new torch that was on verizon i had it unlocked for tmobile. i finally got my internet to work and mms but i cannot activate the BIS and therefore cannot acess email accounts and even twitter says it will not work b/c i don't have a valid service book. the phone say "edge" in the corner.....i know it is supposed to say "EDGE" but no matter what i do i can't seem to get it. it also won't allow me to register Host Routing Table.....it will send the message but i don't receive a registration reply....please HELP!

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: unlocked verizon blackberry torch 9850 on tmobile

It's a quite complicated process to make the 9850 work on Tmobile, but can be done.

Instructions here:  http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9500-series-discussion-storm/180267-unlocked-storm-t-t-mobil...

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9850
My Carrier: T-mobile

Hi I saw that you got your internet to work on your unlocked blackberry torch 9850, I just got the same exact phone, I can text and make phone calls ebverything is fine, I just can't access internet or any apps or bbm. It's been such a complicated process with tmobile no one can give me the right way to fix this. How were you able to get this done, Is it difficult?

dcaballero wrote:

Hi I saw that you got your internet to work on your unlocked blackberry torch 9850, I just got the same exact phone, I can text and make phone calls ebverything is fine, I just can't access internet or any apps or bbm. It's been such a complicated process with tmobile no one can give me the right way to fix this. How were you able to get this done, Is it difficult?

Read my link posted just above your question. Smiley Wink

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: storm 9530
My Carrier: t mobile

I tried this and I get to shared and there is no loaderfiles. I love this phone and want to keep it but if I cant get mms and internet to work it's almost useless. Please help!!!!

twistedpup wrote:

I tried this and I get to shared and there is no loaderfiles. I love this phone and want to keep it but if I cant get mms and internet to work it's almost useless. Please help!!!!

if you don't see the loader directory, then you have not installed the OS to your PC.

Please keep this issue to one thread,. You have THREE going, one is enough. Thanks.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

How do I put th OS on my PC?

twistedpup wrote:

How do I put th OS on my PC?

By downloading it via the PC.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Ok, so i need to download my operating system from my phone to my computer? I really appreciate the help.

[ Edited ]

twistedpup wrote:

Ok, so i need to download my operating system from my phone to my computer? I really appreciate the help.

no, you need to download an operating system suitable for your BlackBerry. Downloaded it from the internet as directed above.

Knowledge Base Updates