05-20-2013 04:26 AM
hello, i have a problem with my bold 9900. i cannot using my phone because i need to update my software. so, when update the software using dekstop software, its failed. what can i do?
this is what it said. "This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service."
05-20-2013 11:05 AM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
Indeed, that error message is clear -- you are not subscribed, from your mobile service provider, to a data plan adequate to allow you automated access to these updates. But, there is a trick...
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Disconnect your PC from internet connectivity
6) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
Good luck and let us know!
05-20-2013 11:48 AM
05-20-2013 11:55 AM
In order to help you, I need clarity from you...exactly what happens at each step. For example:
okay, the first step; how can i uninstall from pc, any bb os packges?
That is a clear question from you...and it's a Windows thing. If you know how to remove apps from Windows, you go into that and remove any BB OS packages that you might have installed. If there are none, then there's nothing to remove. If you don't know how to do this in Windows, then stop now and seek help for how to operate Windows...
i followed all steps but the result is still the same, they said i am not subcribed.
And that is much less clear...if you actually performed step 5 that I listed (with, of course, having also properly completed steps 2 through 4), then the result should not be the same. But, since you only reported specifics regarding Step 1 of what I provided to you, I can only be guessing. I cannot see your BB nor your computer---I have only your words to guide me, so I need you to be clear and complete. You may also want to be sure that all of your BB's mobile network radios (mobile carrier network, WiFi, BT, etc.) are all turned OFF. You may also have to remove the SIM (though that's quite rare) so that your BB cannot be "seen" as associated to any carrier network -- this is how you are trying to "trick" the software to not try to compare your BB against any required carrier data plan for qualification for this update.
05-20-2013 12:35 PM
05-20-2013 01:02 PM