Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold9000
My Carrier: free

update today

I made an update today (march 23th) and now my bold 9790 is not working anymore . I have an error message and it didn't even start. Is there any problem with this new update ?

Tks for a quick answer I really need py phone

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: update today

Hello clabold33

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Can you explain what error message you're getting on your device ? 

The problem is not with those new Update but it may be while doing this device software update .

let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

that's the error message : "abnormal reset detected during upgrade press any key to return to the pre upgrade configuration" and when i press on one key it restarts until the error message
Elite II

Hello clabold33

Something might gone wrong while doing this update , Did you use dektop software for the update process or perform an Over the Air device software update !

first perform a full backup of your device using Desktop Software then perfrom a Clean OS reload , it will fix your current issue .

How To Backup Your BlackBerry

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

Please try it and let us know if you feel any problem.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

i tryed it but the software can't connect with my bberry, it's written that may be i have to do an update but it don't work either.
Elite II

Hi clabold33

What happen when you Click on View Other Version , are you unable to see it or desktop software is not allowing .

When you connect your device does Desktop Software recognize your device !

New Contributor

what do you mean by  Click on View Other Version? where should I find it?

Highlighted
Elite II

clabold33 wrote:

what do you mean by  Click on View Other Version? where should I find it?

Hello clabold33

To perform a clean installation of the BlackBerry Device Software Connect your device and run BlackBerry Desktop Software then In Desktop Software:

1. Click the Device menu and select Update...
  2. A dialog box appears and indicates that there are no BlackBerry Device Software updates available, click View other versions in the lower left corner
  3. The check box for the currently installed version is selected in the Available Versions list. Click the Install button
  4. Clear the check box next to Back up device data
  5. Click the Install update button
CollapseAdditional Information

For information on issues with BlackBerry Desktop Software detecting the BlackBerry, please see article KB10144.

If still unable to find View other version to reload your device software then try this Knowledge Base :

KB29847 : BlackBerry Desktop Software is not required to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Smartphone.