Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

updating unlocked tmobile to at&t 4.5 OS

[ Edited ]

I have a Tmobile 8800 that has been unlocked and i am using on the at&t network. right now i have version 4.2.1.74 platform 2.3.0.54 and i want to upgrade to at&t's 4.5.0.110 platform 2.7.0.90 OS but i am having problems. i have downloaded desktop manager 4.7 and installed then i downloaded the at&t 4.5 OS and installed (performed computer reboots when prompted). then i opened desktop manager and plugged in my phone. it does a search for updates and shows that there are no available updates for my phone. i have looked around but everything i have read so far says there shouldnt be a problem putting the at&t 4.5 OS onto my 8800 even though its a tmobile. is this correct or should i be trying to upgrade with the tmobile 4.5? i've read that the only real difference is the myfaves app which i dont really want. please let me know where i am going wrong. thanks in advance

p.s. tell me if i should repost in a separate thread but i have an a2dp bluetooth headset, i have read that if you start playing a song then make a call and end it you can get the music through the bluetooth headset. i have tried this and get maybe a second or two of the song then it transfers back to the phone so i know it has to be in some way possible. anyone know how to make it so i can hear my music through the bluetooth headset?

OK so i found the answer to my question. or at least i found out how to do it manually. if you go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor.xml then run loader.exe in that same folder it will manually start the update wizard and you can check off which options you want to upload then follow the prompts (make sure you backup your files beforehand in desktop manager because you can't back up your files with the manual update). it will take about 20 minutes or so to upload everything on the phone then it will say its finished and you can close the computer prompt. the phone will start back up and take freakin forever to actually boot (you'll be hanging out with the hour glass of death for like 20 minutes at least, this is normal, just wait) the phone will finally boot up to the home screen. at this point you can restoreyour personnal files but you'll have 4.5 which is awesome. ohh and the 4.5 OS supports a2dp so you can listen to music via bluetooth. can i give myself kudos? lol hope this helps others

Message Edited by toodrun2no on 01-09-2009 10:09 PM
Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Re: updating unlocked tmobile to at&t 4.5 OS

TOODRUN, you simply are genius!!!!!!!! This OS is AWESOME! i followed your instructions to the T. Luckily, I WAS able to back up and restore via the manual method, which was an EXTRA bonus. YOU ROCK!!!