Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: ee
Accepted Solution

updating

hi i have been updating my curve via blackberry desktop software it has now been running for 11hrs and 33 mins and has got no further than 22 bars (1/3) complete whats happening

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: updating

What stage is it in? Does it say? Backing up? Loading software?

After 11 hours you can disconnect it. Post back what condition the device is in (boots up, white screen, error message, etc.) and we'll move on from there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

ok so i have disconected it now it wont turn on and just flashes a red light whenever i press a button have re conected it it said repair tried that stops at 22 bars after 2 hrs of loading blackberry comp soft has killed my bb any idea where i send it for a repair well angry first bb i bought & i have a feeling it will be the last as tried ringing customer support all day yesterday no one there even though its ment to be staffed 24/7 all i get is im sorry no one here at this hour

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Download this small application called JL_Cmder and install it to your PC.  Close Desktop Manager.  Open JL_Cmder and see if you can wipe the device.  When it's done it should show a white screen with "Error 507."  If we can get to that point we can reinstall the software using a different method.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

ok so i have downloaded JL_Cmder v1.9.0 and gone through the options till i get an option 4 wipe selected it the screen went red and asked me to type blackberry to confirm did JL_Cmder then went back to the blacksreen main menu with options 1 -7 and option x how long will it take to wipe

Guru II

How long the wipe takes depends on a few different factors. If Content Protection was turned on it can take hours. If it was off it should take10-15 minutes tops.

Did the device respond to the wipe? Does it appear to be going through the wipe process?

Contributor

No theres no password to my phone if thats what you mean by password protected and no it still a black screen with a red flashing light in the top corner

Guru II

Where was the battery when you originally started the update process?

Contributor

it was in the phone conected to the pc via the usb cable ive been using to charge it for the past 3 months it was all ok but the screen went black after half an hour of the update& i had a full battery when i started

Guru II

This is probably a last chance effort.  If it doesn't work you'll probably need to contact your provider for warranty service. 

First do the following:

Locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

3. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:

On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

Attempt to load the OS via Command Line Tasks

1. Start a Command Prompt in DOS from the PC (Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> Command Prompt)

2. Change the directory to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

If you do not know how to navigate to this directory follow instructions below in 2a)

2a)

From C:\ prompt type:

cd Program Files <hit enter>

cd Common Files <hit enter>

cd Research In Motion <hit enter>

cd AppLoader <hit enter>

3. Make sure Desktop Manager is not running

4. Connect BlackBerry to the PC

5. Enter the following command in the Command Prompt window:

loader.exe /nojvm

Installation

1. The Application Loader Wizard window will open

2. Click on Next

3. You will get a drop down list with the COM ports and one USB port entry

4. Select the one which says USB:UNKNOWN

If you do not see USB:UNKNOWN or USB:BBPIN, then follow instructions listed in a1-a5:

a1) Disconnect the device from the PC.

a2) Keep the Application Loader Wizard window open

a3) Remove the battery and put it back

a4) While the red led is on, reconnect the device to the PC. The led will only stay on for a few seconds

a5) When USB:UNKNOWN appears in the drop down list, you need to immediately select Next

5. The loader should now connect to your device and you will be able to reinstall the OS