Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Developer
My Device: 8310

upgrade curve 8310 to OS 5.0

Hi,

Can anyone tell if I can upgrade my curve 8310 to OS 5.0?

I'm developing an applicaiton using OS 5.0 API, howevver the 5.0 simulator doesn't support the feature. I hope to upgrade my curve's OS in stead of buying a new one.

William

EasyDialer -- Calling card dialer, Google Voice Dialer, Conference Call dialer! Relieve the pain of dialing lengthy numbers...
----------------------------------------
If you love it, please let friends know.
If you hate it, please let me know.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: upgrade curve 8310 to OS 5.0

Hi there!

Check your carriers official DL site to see if they are supporting it for your device:

If not, you can search other carriers DL sites to see if they have one that they are releasing to the public. You can use another carriers update file via this procedure:

However, most carriers will refuse support if you use an OS that is not among their sanctioned levels.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Have not found any OS5 releases for BB 8310 - I believe there is a memory / storage minimum

latest OS I have (AT&T) - applied in Sept 2009 is

app version : 4.5.0.182 (306)

platform: 2.7.0.106

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Ya, Unfortunately the curve 8310 is not compatable with 5.0 at all.... I'm in the same boat untill the Torch comes to Canada and I upgrade.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

My Device: BlackBerry curve 8310
My Carrier: globe

searching also for the latest OS v5 for my blackberry curve 8310 and blackberry pearl 8100.. should have to be upgraded..
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: At&t

Upgrade curve 8310? Help
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Bosswarrior wrote:
Upgrade curve 8310? Help

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Refer:

There are no longer any "tricks" available to bypass your carriers control over the OS versions you can receive. You can now only receive what is offered to you via those official methods. If nothing is offered to you, then there is nothing available to you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................