Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: vodaphone

upgrade os 5 in my 8520 curve

Till 2 days i m trying to upgrade my os 5 i tried to upgrade more than 5 time but it shows there is not any update. i install os 5 in my desktop , deleted wendor file and trying to uploader but it can't work. i m useing DM 5 and i don't have internet plan so can you please suggest me as soon as possible what i have to do for upgrade this

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: upgrade os 5 in my 8520 curve

Hi ashokbhutiya

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

You can try a manual update to see if that allows , try those steps but remember as you don't have an active BlackBerry data plan so you have to disconnect all Internet connection and cables from that PC that you will use after downloading that OS pack or after step 3.Or loader will not allow you the update also have to delete all VENDOR . XML files .

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop

Software.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I tried that way disconnected my internet connection and one again i tried but it's not working same error is coming there is no update.

please guide

thanks have a good day.

Elite II

Hi ashok

Have you deleted those Vendor .XML file from those location as stated above ,please recheck that . Search your C : drive for any files related to Vendor .XML .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Sir i check it and deleted that wendor file than also it's not working

Elite II

Hi askok

How many Vendor .XML files you have found ? On your PC have you changed your Folder Options to Show Hidden Files ? you must delete each and every VENDOR .XML files otherwise it may not allow you to Update .

Also if you have those Setup files ( OS pack and Desktop Software )  then uninstall both Desktop Software and also the OS file from your PC then reinstall then again but don't connect to Internet while doing these process.then start all over again.

New Contributor

I found only one wendor file in apploader folder and how can i change folder options in window 7 please guide.

New Contributor

i changed folder options i seen hidden file also than also there is not any wonder file. but till can't work