Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: 8130 Pearl
My Carrier: TELUS

Re: upgrading 8130 pearl to 4.5

All seems to be good now, though still a few bugs.

Sometimes after disconnecting from DM the phone reboots when disconnected from the USB or from a charger.

DM will detect the BB if it is connected before you start DM, but won't detect the BB if it is connected after DM is started (locked or unlocked)

Possibly not a bug but a new feature;  the little plug on the display that used to come up whenever the BB was connected (usb or charger) now only seems to come up when the BB is actually charging.  If the battery is fully charged, the plug appears for only a couple of seconds and then goes away.

Other than the above connection probems, everything seems to be working.  Calls, email (HTML), etc.

will update if I can get a handle on the issues.

New Contributor

Re: upgrading 8130 pearl to 4.5

okay,

still having issues.

phone won't charge neither through USB nor AC adapter.  Intermittently.  Also won't connect to DM.  2 different pc's.  Can't figure out what it needs to connect.

I know the hardware is Ok.  it works perfectly when loaded with os4.3.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: upgrading 8130 pearl to 4.5 - Failure

Well, I got the 4.5 os on the phone and it works for 98% of the functions.  The 2% is charging.  Could not get the little beastie to charge at all (or connect to the pc).  I tried charging by usb, adapter, while the BB was turned off, locked, unlocked, different pc's, different usb port, different adapter.

Gave up.  Reloaded 4.3.  everything works fine.  Connects every time.  Charges on any charge device.

Any body out there from RIM?  Is there a way to check hardware vintage on the BB to check if there is an incompatibility with the 4.5 os?  So many problems with 4.5, no problems with 4.3 (other that lack of html email, which is the main reason I was trying to upgrade?