Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

using In-Reply-To or References headers in email replies

The In-Reply-To header and the References header are useful in email replies, so that the messages can be accurately threaded, particularly in mailing lists.  The In-Reply-To header contains the message-ID of the message being replied to, whereas the References header contains several such message-IDs (parent, grandparent, etc.).  On my Storm 9530, these headers are not created when you reply to someone else's message.  Is there a setting to make the Storm create these headers?  If not, does anyone know of a third-party email app for the Storm that creates such headers?  Many desktop email apps create these headers.

Developer
My Device: Z10 Red
My Carrier: Free

Re: using In-Reply-To or References headers in email replies

Try replying to a mail, you'll see that the blackberry server has added the header.

In fact the header you get in your mail are not the standart header, but the one that the blackberry server give to you and want to receive.

An exemple:

In your device when you send an mail you have the header:

Message-ID: 89453490

And in the mail that the guy receive:

Message-ID: <89453490-191135255-cardhu_decombobulator_blackberry.rim.net-14880935@b12.c11.bise7.blackberry>

It is the same with In-Reply-To

By the way, do anybody know how to add you own header? Like "MyOwnHeader", "1"

That'd be very useful.

My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: AT&T Wireless

Re: using In-Reply-To or References headers in email replies

I spoke with RIM technical support about getting the in-reply-to field routed through the BES. The field is currently not routed with messages. They submitted a request to the Development group and a feature enhancement request was created, DT5686059. The Development group will be the one that decides if and when the feature is implemented.

If for any one Maintenance Release, Service Pack, or alternative build the Feature is implemented, then the public Release Notes for that release will make reference to it. If there is no reference to it in the public Release Notes, it'll simply mean the Feature has not (yet) been implemented.