Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: o2

using the phone as a wireless link to a pc

is there an app that will allow me to use my blackberry bold as a wireless device to connect my tablet pc?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: using the phone as a wireless link to a pc

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you mean "can the BB function as a WiFi HotSpot?", then under the correct circumstances, yes...see this:

• KB31857 How to setup and manage a Mobile Hotspot Connection

On the other hand, if you are looking for interaction between your BB and other devices directly with each other, there are different variables at play, and all would function via BlueTooth:

With BB PlayBook, you can use the BB Bridge for various interaction between the two

• KB27823 How to setup and configure BlackBerry Bridge
  • KB26554 How to install the BlackBerry Bridge application

With other devices, capabilities via BT will vary:

• KB04010 Supported Bluetooth technology features

All in all, perhaps I don't quite understand your specific query...if such is the case, then please clarify.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................