Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

v4.2/4.3 Desktop Software install/apploading issues

I've spent quite a bit of time trying to figure this out, and so far I've come up with nothing. For awhile I wasn't able to install the desktop software with the Roxio Media Manager, it installs up until that point, then it hangs. That's fine, 200mb I don't need. After installing the desktop manager, I'm not able to load apps that were supposedly compatible with the 8300 Curve (e.g. the free Sudoku game BlackBerry provides at their site). All it returns when I try to 'add' is:

No additional applications designed for your device were found.

It does show however, the apps I have loaded on my phone. I'm not inept when it comes to computer experience, and Google hasn't turned up any obvious solutions or workarounds. Anyone come across anything similar?

What I'm using:

8300 Verizon Curve

Windows XP SP2

Tested with the desktop manager that came on the disc (v4.2), the one off the website with and without Roxio (v4.2/4.3), and with two phones, the Curve and the Pearl.

Thanks

-Sean

Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: v4.2/4.3 Desktop Software install/apploading issues

If I am not mistaken, Sudoku is a OTA (over the air) install. You go to the link on your BlackBerry to install the software. You cant install it via Desktop Mmanager.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: v4.2/4.3 Desktop Software install/apploading issues

[ Edited ]

BlackBerry.com lets you do both I recall, but yes, I realize that's one method. I've already done OTA, I know that works. Anyway, I've given up on getting it to work on XP. Some program installed or some driver is causing a conflict I'm sure. While I'm not the only person with the problem, it's taking too much time to diagnose. I have Vista dual booted, and it worked fine on that.

Sudoku is just what I was using for testing purposes. When you pay more for a smartphone, it's nice to know that all of its features work, that's all.

-Sean 

Message Edited by SeanB on 05-25-2008 08:24 PM