Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330
My Carrier: boos
Accepted Solution

validate password, done, still no email

I am SO frustrated. For the past 2+ years I have received emails on my blackberry with no problem. Yesterday, I stopped receiving them and got a message to validate the password for my email address. When I go to email setup, it shows my email address (which I can log into just fine with my computer) and it is  in red and underneath says "Invalid Account. Please Validate".  So then when I go to Add (which is the option offered below the "please validate" directive) and try to add my account with the same email address and password I've always had, it tells me that my email address is already registered and won't let me add it.  I even went to advanced option and deleted my email address out of the service workbook and tried to add it again and it does the same process as above. Please help!

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Bell

Re: validate password, done, still no email

I'm also having this same issue.  I can no longer receive emails as of today and got a message on my phone last night asking to validate my password.  I can access my email on my computer or through the browser on my phone.  I also no longer receive messages through facebook anymore.  What's going on?  I've had my phone for over 18 months and then with no warning other than a message saying I will no longer receive emails unless i validate....boom.  Please help!!!

New Contributor

I guess nobody is going to help us. I can't seem to get any blackberry support anywhere. Everyone tells me just to call someone else and says they don't know what is wrong, even though the email notification I got came from blackberry.com!. Worst customer service ever. Why do I even have a blackberry at this point!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello all...sorry that none of the volunteers noticed this thread...hopefully it's not too late...

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support...they are 100% responsible for all of your services and all of your formal support, regardless of the root cause of the issue. They can escalate cases into RIM that they cannot handle, at no charge to the end user. So, if you must call them, don't let them fob you off...think of it this way...you pay them for all services and support, and they are presently delivering neither.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you for your help! Why are you volunteers? Isn't this blackberry?

Anyway, I think what you wrote worked but I wanted to clarify something for the other person in this thread with the same problem because twice I did not get the activation message and had given up.

When I was doing step 2 (after deleting the service books, which I had already done anyway), clicking on email settings so that I could send service books here is what happened: I hit email settings and it took me to the page that I mentioned in my initial email where my email address was written in red and it said "invalid account". When I hit the menu bar and did the "send service books command" nothing happened. I waited an hour.  Then I did it again, going to email settings, getting to the invalid account page, going through as if I was going to reenter the account (it has you enter your email address and password) and then hitting the menu bar again and doing the service books command and still nothing happened, and it still told me my account was already registered.

THEN I realized thisL when you are on the page where your email address is written in red and it says invalid account, it looks like the only thing to do is hit the "ADD" button below your email address.  But in reality, if you have you cursor on the red email/invalid account frame (you might not even be able to tell your cursor is there) and you hit your cursor ball to select it, it brings up a new screen where it asks you to validate your password. I entered my password, and all my emails came through.  This may seem obvious, but when you are on that screen, you can not tell that clicking on your red email address/invalid account is even an option.

I hope this helps someone!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

norton_molly wrote:

Thank you for your help! Why are you volunteers? Isn't this blackberry?

No. This site has nothing whatsoever to do with formal support from anywhere. All formal support starts with the carriers and authorized resellers. RIM hosts this site, but it is "staffed" by volunteers who try to help out as best they can.

And FYI -- the rest of your post is an EXCELLENT contribution to this site! Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................