Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9800 torch
My Carrier: orange

validating email account

i cant seem to validate my email account on my new blackberrry torch.

when i type in the password is says it is invalid. but my black 8900 curve worked fine.

i have been on the black berryorange website to validate it it but get the same message.

can anyone help me on this>?Smiley Indifferent

New Contributor

Re: validating email account

after having a look at the orangeblack berry website. it looks like i need to input my pop email deatils.

can anyone confrim if the email server is out going or incoming?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Welcome to the Forums, Lucy!

That would be your incoming server information that's required there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

i have copied the details from the settings of my out look 2003 but still it does not work.

any ideas?

Forums Veteran I

Are you getting an error message?  What does the message say?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

cannot connect to email server or invalid server name:

please verify the server name.if the name. if the error persist contact (your email provider)

i have copied the deatils from my outlook and that is what i get

Forums Veteran I

Okay, so was this e-mail address already set up in BIS and you just tried to enter in the server information?  If so, please try deleting the account altogether, then re-adding it.

New Contributor

orange have now killed my old sim and deleted all my last email data from the server website.

so yes it will be a new account.

Forums Veteran I

So you're sure you have all the server information and password entered correctly?

New Contributor

yes have the paper work here.