Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: reliance
Accepted Solution

video help on curve 8520

people, i bought a new blackberry curve 8520. I am unable to play mp4 videos in it... I dont wanna convert videos everytime and then put it in my phone..

please suggest me softwares that could be installed in cell so that i can view it with ease

Contributor
My Device: curve-8520
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: video help on curve 8520

It could be the format of the mp4 video keep it wmp 

or just check the app world

go on app world category and then go on video and there will be a lot there and not 3rd party Smiley Wink

press kudos if i help and press choose answer as well Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Does an error message come up?  What screen size are the files (e.g. 320 x 240)?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: reliance

yes, an error message pops up saying that video stands in an unsupported format. The audio is well audible, but ni video is played
My Device: Black Berry Curve 8520

[ Edited ]

My Device: Black Berry Curve 8520

Hi,

when you have a video on your desktop, and want to put it on your Blackberry, chances are it won't be in the right format. you have three ways of getting the stuff into your BB :

• you can use the Roxio Media Manager (see the numerous discussions about that program that is available when you download the "Blackberry Desktop Manager with Media Manager"
  • you can use a convertor web->blackberry like http://blueapple.mobi/
  • you can convert yourself the video, then move it to your Blackberry.

For the uploading to your blackberry, easiest way is to connect your Blackberry, set it to be in "Mass Storage" mode (UMS), and drag'n'drop the file in your \Videos\ folder on your blackberry (you don't need the Desktop Manager to do that).

For the conversion of the video, I have discovered a free and open-source program called AKME FFmpeg (ugly name, but user friendly). It can be downloaded here : SourceForge >> AKME FFmpeg .

there's only one screen : choose the file to convert, choose the Blackberry (for example Blackberry Curve 8300 400kbps), choose the destination filename, and choose the ratio if need be (for instance some youtube FLV videos are defaulted to 16:9 instead of 4:3). then one more click and the conversion begins. I like mp4 : better quality than 3gp, and can be viewed with a regular Media Player like VLC or Windows Media Player.