Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: storm 9500
My Carrier: Vodafone IT

video player problem on my 2 blackberry phones ( 9500 storm & 8900 curve )

Anybody knows what this means :
Error Details: Unspecified: some error occured which does not fit into any other category.(5)
WAP UID: WAP2 trans
RTSP Suffix: ;deviceside=true;interface=wifi
Connection Suffix: ;deviceside=true;interface=wifi
To verify that your carrier supports YouTube streaming click the browser test buttons below. If playing YouTube videos does not work in the browser, it is most likely a problem with your data plan, please contact your carrier and they will resolve the problem.
I can't watch any video from youtube on neither of the phones
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: video player problem on my 2 blackberry phones ( 9500 storm & 8900 curve )

Some carriers don't allow youtube streaming video.  Is you carrier one of them?  I don't know. 

Are you using the youtube app included with your phone or are you streaming from your browser?  If you're using the app, try going to your phone's browser and typing m.youtube.com .

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: storm 9500
My Carrier: Vodafone IT

Re: video player problem on my 2 blackberry phones ( 9500 storm & 8900 curve )

Problem is that this problem started about one year ago while I was in italy with my 9500 storm on vodafone italy( data plan activated ) and they said that it should work just fine, but it didn't. Now I am in romania on Cosmote carrier( using APN settings ) and I'm getting the same thing. I tried to play to play something from youtube on the phone browser, even downloaded Player for Youtube from the application world and got the same error.
Funny thing is that I get the same thing on my 8900 Curve that has a WIFI connection. Neither the browser player nor the 3rd party apps won't work.

PS: On both of the phones I've putted OS 5